Tuesday, February 8, 2011

valentine’s day plans?

yes, please! some call it a “commercial holiday”, others call it a “hallmark holiday”, but for the past few years, andre and i have called it “another excuse to celebrate.” :) he finds the prettiest, glitziest valentine’s day cards for me (he knows i love those!) and writes the sweetest messages on them. i try do the same-- only i get him funny cards, not glittery ones. we might also decide to go out for a nice dinner downtown or stay in and order a heart-shaped pizza from our favorite pizzeria.

this year, we’ve decided to go out for thai, but not at just any thai restaurant. the thai restaurant... the thai restaurant on the 1,000-places-to-see-before-you-die list! the thai restaurant that wolfgang puck called “the best thai restaurant in the country”! wolfgang puck! 

maybe i’m a little too excited about this high-end twelve course meal that we’ve scheduled for sunday night (we’re celebrating a day early). but, really, if wolfgang puck thinks it’s amazing, it must be pretty good, right?

do you have any fun plans for valentine’s day?

9 comments:

  1. I don't have any plans. I can't function under pressure. I can make plans for every days of the year except for Birthdays/Anniversary/V Day! :) Your plans sounds good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you!! Another reason to celebrate is EXACTLY why I love Vday. Not major plans for me... small gift exchange, dinner and red wine ;)

    Have a great night my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! Valentine's kind of snuck up on me, even though I'm doing the 14 Days of Love. Ha. Though my sweetie keeps talking about it, he's very excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love any excuse to celebrate love :) and thai sounds so fun, i think we're heading to our fave thai place today. hope your celebration is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't yet but I better get on that! Hopefully I can find a restaurant in town that is still accepting reservations ;-)

    Happy Thursday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT is the Thai restaurant?? I'm so curious! Enjoy - sounds like a great plan. We're escaping the city this weekend for a quick trip to Galena, IL for massages/outdoor frolicking/cozy fireplace time. Should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that sounds great! I don't mind the day and I don't really mind being cheesy now and again. I think the card idea is good.

    Oh and Thai is so good. I'm sure you guys will have fun..

    At the moment haven't got any solid plans for Valentine's Day but there will be dinner of some sort. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Thai restaurant sounds amazing! Lucky you!

    Valentine's Day is also my husband's birthday, so we tend to celebrate his birthday mostly and exchange little gifts for Valentine's Day. He's ask for a lamb roast dinner, so it looks like it's dinner this year!

    x Jasmine

    PS. Cool name ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your plans sound great!! We are planning a dinner date in one of our favourite restaurants:) Happy Friday, darling
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete