Tuesday, January 4, 2011

farewell, 2010! well, hello there, 2011!

2010. the most fabulous year of my life so far. i got engaged to my best friend, had very cool opportunities in my workplace, traveled to dozens of foreign cities, expanded my social circle, learned some português and français, sampled a bounty of exotic foods (and never once got sick!), felt more humbled and inspired than ever, wrote a lot about all kinds of things, took too many artsy photos, purchased my first Mac laptop and got engaged to my best friend.  : )

while new year’s resolutions aren’t really my thing, i think that the beginning of a new year is as good a time as any to reflect on the past year(s) and consider ways to either improve or completely transform yourself for coming years. for me, a new year is also a good reminder that the clock is ticking. life is short, so i’ve got to get a move on my “must-do-before-i-retire” list. it's really a long list.

so, what’s in store for 2-0-1-1?

a wedding to plan and carry out. an incredible honeymoon to organize. more exciting work ahead of me. continued language learning. a brand new blog. 


i have every reason to hope that this will be another great year. and, if all doesn’t go according to plan, that’s okay too. there's always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment