Thursday, January 13, 2011

a post about a post

don't you just hate it when you lose a glove? even if you've got other pairs sitting in your closet, it still stings a little to lose one. and it especially stings to lose your absolute favorite pair of bright yellow, convertible glove mitts that have a. prevented frostbite, b. given you such easy access to texting your little fingers away on your blackberry, and c. matched your bright yellow knit hat so well. two mornings ago, i was certain i had lost my favorite yellow glove-- the one without a missing button. but, as always, i was hopeful that i'd find it either on my way home or in my apartment. sure enough, my yellow glove was cheerfully sitting on a silver platter stair post in my building corridor, waiting to be reunited with its owner.



now, this isn't a first. i happen to believe that there is a lost-and-found fairy in our apartment who places missing items on this very stair post. in the past year, i've been reunited with my missing lip balm, an earring, and even a rent check! my conscious would be delighted if this do-gooder revealed herself because i would really like to thank her. i've decided the fairy is a woman-- most men wouldn't notice a missing anything if it hit them in the head. :)

anywho, since i can't send her my appreciation directly, i'm going to put it out there in the web world: thank you so much, dear lost-and-found fairy!

on second thought, i think i'll thank her via post-it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment